ask_rave 0.9.1b Release Candidate 2
So... what does ask_rave do?
You're about to download a simple, lightweight and free question and answer script, also known as an ask and answer script. It allows your visitors to ask the webmaster any question they need answering. In particular, ask_rave is designed to be asthetically pleasing, and mechanically sound. It also doesn't require a database, which is handy.
Give me a reason why I should use it!
- It's free!
That's right. You don't have a pay a penny. All I ask for is a link back. If you're using it for commercial purposes, you will need to contact me first: but usually there isn't a problem with free commerical usage either.
Intergrate it with your website with ease. Using iframes? No problem, we've got a theme for you. Wamt to make a custom theme? That's easy too!
- Flat File
What does this mean? You don't need a database to run it! It's all done in text files.
- One Minute Install
Upload. Run install. Delete file. Go.
Got 1000 questions? Don't have a stream of text, group them together into pages with ask_rave.
- Email Alerts
Want to know exactly when you have a question to answer? Get it emailed to you in seconds.
Over 20 installed already, but built in support for others to be added!
Got any screenshots?
What will I need?
- A PHP enabled webserver. Nearly all paid hosting gives you this. Most free hosting won't.
- A text editor.
- An FTP client (or similar).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Share-Alike 2.0 England and Wales licence.
- You may use this script for commerical purposes without permission or fee.
- Additionally, this means you cannot use my script without attribution to your visitors that I am the creator of the script. You must provide a link on your website giving me credit. It doesn't have to be prominent, but it does need to be there.
- You may use sections of code from this script in your own works so long as the sections of the code are licenced the same way and I am credited for the code section. I would prefer it if you didn't fork the code.
Current Version: 0.9.1b Release Candidate 2
|ask_0_9_1_RC2.zip||Current release, zip format|
|ask_0_9_1_RC2.tar||Current release, tarball format|
You can also now visit the ask_rave SVN repository where you can download the latest code direct to your PC or server.
|0.9.1||Latest download. See above.|
|0.9b||Stable/Long Term Release download.||DL: .zip .tar|
|0.8.1b||Stable Release.||DL: .zip .tar|
|0.8 and below||Unstable releases.|